|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|''Gatherer'' Garlic-Bell Pepper Sauce|
|Contributed by: debra+||Added: Jan 31, 2010 at 09:29 AM|
This recipe can be used as a salsa or dip. This recipe only calls for red peppers, but it can be made with green peppers too. (I react to green peppers.) Zucchini was added for a more colorful look. It's great put it over basmati rice or quinoa.
How to make it:
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large red onions, finely chopped (about 3 cups)
- 2 red bell peppers, ribs and seeds removed, finely chopped (about 2-1/4 cups)
- 2 orange bell peppers, ribs and seeds removed, finely chopped (about 2-1/4 cups)
- 2 yellow bell peppers, ribs and seeds removed, finely chopped (about 2-1/4 cups)
- 2 small zucchinis, sliced lengthwise and then again to julienne, cut strips into small 1/4'' pieces
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 very large tomato, cored and finely chopped (variation: plum tomatoes) (about 2 cups)
- 3 cups mixed cilantro leaves and tender stems, finely chopped (variation: parsley)
- Sea salt (grey sea salt works well)
- Basmati rice [variation: quinoa]
- In a 6 to 8 quart Dutch oven or pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until onion starts to soften. (About 5 minutes)
- Add bell peppers, zucchini, garlic, oregano and cumin. Cook, stirring often, until peppers are crisp-tender. (About 7-8 minutes). Add tomato, stirring occasionally, and cook for another five minutes. Add finely chopped cilantro and salt. Mix until heated through.
- If not using immediately, transfer sauce into 1 cup containers. Freeze until ready to use up to 3 months.
- Makes about 8 cups.