|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Sweet Italian Breakfast Turkey Sausage|
|Contributed by: Vicki||Added: Jan 24, 2010 at 09:24 AM|
Delicious by itself or with a little molasses drizzled on top. Start your day like a King!
How to make it:
- 1 pound ground turkey (dark meat is best)
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt (more or less for your own personal taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon anise seed (ABs can leave this out)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic -- minced
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed
- tiny pinch coriander powder
- olive oil for cooking
Listed measurements are US style measuring spoons.
- Place ground turkey in a medium or large mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle the the salt, spices and garlic over the meat.
- Knead the meat to incorporate all the spices evenly.
- Form patties.
- Briefly heat the olive oil in a skillet or pan on the stove.
- Place patties in the skillet as space allows - do not overcrowd.
- Cook for 5 minutes on each side over medium heat.
- Ensure an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) is reached.
If preferred, drizzle with molasses.