|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Turkey Cacciatore #2 with Mushrooms|
Turkey Cacciatore #2 with Mushrooms
How to make it:
- 1 pound of turkey breast cubed [or use a BTD compliant substitute]
- olive oil
- spelt flour to coat or rice flour
- 1 chopped large onion
- 1/4 ounces fresh chopped oyster mushroom pieces
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 2 Tablespoons fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dry oregano
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dry sweet basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted chicory root (optional in place of pepper)
- 2 6-ounce cans of tomato paste [omit A and B secretors]
- 4 fresh juicy chopped tomatoes (or 1 15-ounce stewed tomatoes or tomato sauce)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1/4 pound fresh green beans
- 1 cup zucchini diced (optional)
- Flour turkey breast cubes with spelt flour [or use a BTD compliant substitute].
- Brown turkey cubes in olive oil, do not cook through.
- Place them in the crock pot.
- Note: While the turkey cubes are browning, season with a mix of sea salt, paprika, sugar, pepper, garlic powder, cumin, turmeric, lemon peel, cayenne, onion and ground mustard (1/2 teaspoon of each previously mixed in a separate bowl).
- In the fry pan you just used, saute the onion.
- Add the oyster mushroom pieces.
- Add garlic, parsley, oregano, basil, garlic salt and roasted chicory root.
- Add tomatoes, oyster mushrooms and sugar.
- Saute lightly blending all together.
- Pour this tomato mixture over the turkey in the crock pot.
- Add about 1/2 - 1 cup water.
- Add green beans to the sauce (optional)and lightly stir.
- Add the zucchini.
- Cook 4-6 hours until turkey is cooked.