|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: Stephanie||Added: Dec 30, 2009 at 12:51 AM|
Delicious hearty blueberry bread to go with soups such as Escarole soup.
How to make it:
- 3/4 cup 100% organic barley flour
- 3/4 cup of buckwheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder Recipes
- 1 cup pure cane sugar or Sucanat sugar,
- cup blueberries (can use frozen if out of season) or substitute cranberries*
- 1/4 cup organic canola oil
- 1 cup organic unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 lemon juice & boiling water to make 1 cup of liquid 3 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients together and put aside.
- Grate the rind off of the lemon, reserve and squeeze out half of the lemon juice.
- Add enough boiling water to juice to make 1 cup of liquid.
- Combine juice and rind with all other ingredients.
- Mix well & pour in a lightly oiled (soybean) 9 by 5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 & 1/2 hours (or until knife inserted in center comes out clean).
- Makes 1 loa--16 slices.