|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Red Lentil Loaf for Blood Type A & AB|
|Contributed by: Janet Flavell||Added: Dec 29, 2009 at 11:30 AM|
This is one of the winning recipes from the Best Blood Type Specific Loaf Recipe Contest
|Best Used By Blood Types:|
- Type A (0 beneficials)
- Type AB (0 beneficials)
How to make it:
- 1 & 1/2 cups red lentils
- 3 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 onions chopped
- 25g. butter (equivalent 1 & 3/4 tblsp)
- 2 cups grated goat’s cheese
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes (A Secretors substitute pimento instead of tomato)
- 3 slices gluten free bread crumbled
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Simmer lentils in the water with bay leaf and garlic until tender and water absorbed.
- Sauté the onions in butter until transparent.
- Remove and add eggs, cheese chopped fresh or canned tomatoes, breadcrumbs, seasonings and parsley.
- Remove bay leaf from lentils and drain.
- Stir into the rest of loaf mixture and spoon into a well greased baking paper lined loaf tin.
- Bake uncovered 180 degrees for 45min. or until firm in the middle.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This is a low lectin recipe. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
If an ingredient is an avoid for your blood type, then try using a BTD compliant variant/substitute or leaving the item out of the recipe.
When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has been recently greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a couple of years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended. Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of the all the new features and food lists. Please be patient with us until the process has been completed.