|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Red Lentil Loaf for Blood Type A & AB|
|Contributed by: Janet Flavell||Added: Dec 29, 2009 at 11:30 AM|
This is one of the winning recipes from the Best Blood Type Specific Loaf Recipe Contest
How to make it:
- 1 & 1/2 cups red lentils
- 3 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 onions chopped
- 25g. butter (equivalent 1 & 3/4 tblsp)
- 2 cups grated goat’s cheese
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes (A Secretors substitute pimento instead of tomato)
- 3 slices gluten free bread crumbled
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Simmer lentils in the water with bay leaf and garlic until tender and water absorbed.
- Sauté the onions in butter until transparent.
- Remove and add eggs, cheese chopped fresh or canned tomatoes, breadcrumbs, seasonings and parsley.
- Remove bay leaf from lentils and drain.
- Stir into the rest of loaf mixture and spoon into a well greased baking paper lined loaf tin.
- Bake uncovered 180 degrees for 45min. or until firm in the middle.