|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Type O- Meat Loaf Recipe|
|Contributed by: Amber Parker||Added: Dec 29, 2009 at 11:13 AM|
This is one of the winning recipes from the Best Blood Type Specific Loaf Recipe Contest
|Best Used By Blood Types:Category:|
How to make it:
- 1 beaten egg
- Ezekiel Bread Crumbs - (1 slice toasted and crumbled in blender)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup baby Portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons snipped parsley
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil, snipped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red flake pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 Tablespoons home made Type O tomato sauce
- In a mixing bowl, combine egg, Ezekiel bread crumbs; water, onion, carrots, mushrooms, parsley, basil, salt & pepper. Add ground beef and mix well.
- In a shallow baking dish pat mixture into a 7x3x2 inch loaf.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 to 50 minutes, until no pink remains.
- Transfer to a serving plate, spoon tomato sauce over meat.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This is a low lectin recipe. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
If an ingredient is an avoid for your blood type, then try using a BTD compliant variant/substitute or leaving the item out of the recipe.
When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has been recently greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a couple of years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended. Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of the all the new features and food lists. Please be patient with us until the process has been completed.