|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Adzuki Bean and Chicken Stew|
A nice main dish for a cold winter evening. Good with a hearty salad and a piece of Ezekiel or Manna bread.
How to make it:
- 1 cup of adzuki beans
- 1-1/2 chicken breasts cut up into bite sized pieces
- 2-3 carrots cut up
- 1 large onion cut up
- 2 stalks of celery cut up
- 16 oz. of chicken broth
- 1 cup of water or dry white wine if so desired
- 3 cloves of garlic diced small
- Salt, marjoram, bay leaf, sage, or poultry seasoning and any other herbs that you like.
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Wash and then soak one cup of aduzki beans in two cups water overnight or for a few hours.
- Then cook beans, boil and then simmer for an hour or so until tender. Add water as necessary.
- Brown chicken pieces in 2 tablespoons olive oil on medium heat until cooked.
- Let the meat get brown but do not burn. You will get a caramelized effect if done right.
- Take chicken out of skillet and add another Tbs. of olive oil.
- Then add onion and garlic and saute for a few minutes. Add a little chicken broth or wine if pan gets dry.
- Cook carrots and celery in microwave on high for a minute or two until semi tender.
- Place everything in a good sized soup pan, chicken, onions, garlic, carrots, celery, broth and or wine, aduzki beans with any liquid remaining in pan.
- Simmer the whole lot for 20 minutes or so after adding the herbs and spices.
- Just before serving add some arrowroot to thicken if so desired. I did not need to add any arrowroot as the broth was just thick enough for our taste.
- Absolutely delicious. This recipe should feed four adults with a salad and bread. If you try it let me know how it came out.