|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Oven Fried Rice|
|Contributed by: debra+||Added: Dec 16, 2009 at 09:11 AM|
This rice recipe is very handy for making ahead. Although there are veggies added to it...most times I make it just plain so that I have it handy for little meals and to do what I want with it.
How to make it:
- 2 cups basmati rice (or quinoa, wild rice)
- 3 cups water
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Big handful of parsley, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce, tamari, etc. (I omit)
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup mixed peppers (red, yellow, orange, chopped)
- 3 green onions,
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup fresh/frozen peas
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a roast pan (whether metal or ceramic/corning), add the rice, water, olive oil, garlic, salt and parsley and soya/tamari sauce if using.
- Mix together and place in preheated oven for about one hour. Check at about 3/4 of an hour to make sure everything is alright.
- Not sticking to the pan.
- If I am using the veggies as above I put them in and mix about 15 minutes before the rice is done.
- This leaves the veggies a little bit crunchy and not so soggy.
If I am not using the veggies, I wait until the rice has cooled and put into individual containers and freeze.