|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: Ribbit||Added: Nov 29, 2009 at 07:38 PM|
Bake less for flatbread, bake a little longer for crispy crackers. Very nice with soup.
How to make it:
- 1 1/2 cup millet or rice flour
- 1/2 cup flax meal (or another 1/2 cup millet/rice flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian herbs (oregano, basil....as desired)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric for color
- 1 cup grated cheese of choice
- 3 Tablespoons ghee, butter or oil
- 4-5 Tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper, or use ungreased baking stone.
- Combine ingredients in mixing bowl and mix with hands gently.
- Place dough on parchment paper or baking stone and press flat with oiled hand or roll with small roller. Try to get it 1/4 inch thick or less, but make sure the edges aren't thinner than the middle. If it cracks, just press it back together with moist fingers.
- With thin metal spatula or scraper, cut into squares or rectangles of desired size. Just press down and wiggle slightly, move over a couple of inches, and press down again.
- Bake 15-25 minutes (less for flat bread, more for crackers).
- Remove and cool.