|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Almond Bread Focaccia-style|
|Contributed by: nanalovesantiques||Added: Nov 29, 2009 at 09:07 AM|
For single slices of loaf bread recipe, try this Almond Bread variation.
How to make it:
- 2 1/2 cups blanched almond meal or flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder with arrowroot * see recipe below
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon agave nectar, molasses, honey or BTD compliant substitute
- 1/4 cup grape-seed oil, sesame oil (or use a BTD compliant substitute
Baking powder Recipes with reduced portions:
- 2 Tablespoons cream of tartar
- 2 Tablespoons arrowroot
- 1 Tablespoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt, and legal baking powder.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, then add agave nectar and oil.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Line rectangular pan with parchment paper and spread the dough as thin as possible, the size of a slice of bread.
- Use a spatula to spread evenly and square the corners of the dough.
- Bake for about 5 minutes and watch carefully as not to let it burn.
- Cool and slice into bread slice sizes.
Baking powder Recipes
- Mix together and store in an airtight container.
- Substitute equal parts for commercial baking powder in any recipe