|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Ulu (Breadfruit) patties|
|Contributed by: Krisztina Samu||Added: Nov 26, 2009 at 05:29 PM|
Delicious 'burgers' made with the delectable 'ulu' or breadfruit. Now you will know how to make a lip smacking meal with this blessed fruit.
How to make it:
- One ulu (breadfruit), ripe to the point where your fingers easily make dents in the fruit when you pick it up.
- 1/2 cup minced roasted red peppers (from a jar)
- 1/4 minced parsley
- 1 medium onion minced
- Sea salt to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- One bag panko (Japanese style breadcrumbs)
- Olive or sesame oil for frying
- Cut breadfruit in half, scoop or cut out brown core and discard.
If fruit is super soft, almost runny, you will not need to steam it. If it is not:
- Steam ulu until it is soft.
- Scoop out the insides and discard the peel.
- Mix with roasted red peppers, parsley, onion, sea salt and cayenne pepper.
- Form into patties and bread with panko crumbs.
- Fry gently in olive oil until lightly brown.
- Makes a great entree or side dish.