|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Almondaise ( Non-Dairy Mayonnaise )|
This is a great tasting condiment (mayonnaise substitute) that can be used by everyone with minor variations in oils. I have not tried it with other nuts but could be it works? Give it a whirl.
How to make it:
- 1 cup blanched raw almonds
- 1 cup purified or distilled water
- 1 small sliver of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Spike or Mrs. Dash Salt-free seasoning [check for avoids]
- 2-3 Tablespoons fresh or reconstituted lemon juice
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 cups canola oil [olive oil]
- Place blanched almonds and water in blender.
- Run on high until creamy.
- Add everything except the oil and blend briefly.
- Set speed to low and slowly drizzle oil into nut mixture until thickened (Approximately 1 minute or less). Continue adding more oil if you wish.
- Any oil sitting on top can be mixed in with a fork.
- Pour into jar, cover, and refrigerate.
- Keeps approximately 1 week.
- Yield: 3 1/2 - 4 cups.