|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Poultry with Artichoke Hearts|
|Contributed by: Squirrel||Added: Nov 11, 2009 at 09:52 PM|
Adapted from the Chicken Breast with Artichoke Hearts recipe , this is a baked main course dish which can be served with any carbohydrate or even by itself.
How to make it:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 350g skinned, boned chicken or turkey breasts
- 3/4 cup frozen, or 1 can (drained) artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup minced shallots (about 3)
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- Fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot or rice flour
- 1 cup chicken broth [or other BTD compliant broth]
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat, feta or paneer cheese (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Lemon rind strips (optional)
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a skillet, brown the meat lightly in 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Transfer to a baking dish.
- Add garlic, shallots and artichoke to skillet and saute for a few minutes.
- Add the fresh and dried herbs.
- Remove and spoon over the turkey or chicken pieces.
- Blend flour with the remaining oil in a small bowl. Slowly add the lemon juice and broth, mixing well, then pour into skillet and cook until thickened. Add salt to taste. Pour over the meat.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the casserole if desired.
- Bake uncovered for about 45 minutes.
- Serves 4.