|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Pan-Seared Tuna with Coconut Jasmine Rice |
|Contributed by: Jacqueline Marshall||Added: Nov 10, 2009 at 10:40 AM|
Pan-Seared Sesame-Ginger Tuna Steaks and Jasmine Rice with Coconut Milk & Edamamae. Dinner For Two.
How to make it:
- 2 Tuna Steaks sashimi grade
- Ginger Lime marinade OR Teriyaki Sauce & Fresh Grated Ginger Sesame Oil (Or Sub Olive Oil)
- Jasmine Rice
- Coconut Milk
- Chicken Broth (Or Sub Vegetable Broth)
- Edamame- shelled (Soy Beans) or sweet peas
- Fresh Grated Ginger
- Fresh Chopped Basil (optional)
- Fresh pressed Garlic
- Sea Salt
- Ginger Lime Marinade OR Teriyaki & Ginger
- Honey (1/2 Tablespoon) or 1 teaspoon sugar
- Soy Sauce (1/2 Tablespoon)
- Sesame Oil (1 teaspoon) - can sub Olive oil
- Water (1 Tablespoon)
- Rub tuna steaks with Ginger Lime marinade.
- Cover and set aside to marinate.
- Follow directions on the Jasmine Rice but substitute the water with 1/2 coconut milk and 1/2 chicken broth.
- While bringing to a boil- Add fresh Garlic, Basil and Ginger, then salt to taste.
- Cover and let cook - once rice is done stir in at least 1 cup of shelled edamame (soy beans) - or sub sweet peas.
- Let sit and keep warm.
- Combine dipping sauce ingredients- stir all ingredients together and adjust amounts to taste. Split into serving dishes for dipping.
- Pour sesame oil (or sub olive oil) into a non-stick skillet on Med High heat.
- Once hot, add tuna steaks and cover.
- Cook about 2-3 minutes on each side for med-rare OR about 5 minutes on each side medium.
- Serve with rice and dipping sauce.