|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Oatmeal Soy Cookies (High Protein)|
|Contributed by: Mayflowers||Added: Oct 15, 2009 at 10:53 AM|
I was looking for a breakfast cookie that's high protein..How about these with some peanut butter on them? Yummo. These would be SUPER MAN COOKIES if one used Amaranth as the flour!
How to make it:
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose or any compliant flour
- 3/4 c soybean flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup compliant oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cherries or raisins (optional)
- Combine flours, oatmeal, baking powder, spices and salt in mixing bowl.
- Mix in large mixing bowl the oil and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla to the creamed mixture and beat for two minutes.
- Gradually add flour mixture, stir in cherries or raisins.
- Mix well.
- Drop by rounded Tablespoons onto greased cookie sheet. Press down slightly with fork.
- Bake @ 350 F for 9-10 minutes for chewy cookies and 10/12 minutes for crunchy cookies.
Can also substitute chocolate chips for raisins/cherries.