|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Hunter Diamond Spicy Beef & Pineapple Rice|
|Contributed by: Munchkin76||Added: Oct 12, 2009 at 07:29 AM|
So I've been on a Munchkin mission to use up all the stuff in my freezer and trying to maximize Hunter diamonds (it's pretty much all diamonds with a few supers) and created this recipe.
How to make it:
- 500g (1lb) Veal Mince
- 500g (1lb) Beef Mince
- 1 Tablespoon Ghee
- 1 Medium red onion diced
- 1 Green pepper
- 4 Small Red Chillies
- 4 Cloves of Garlic – finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 inch x inch cube fresh ginger grated
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups Brown Basmati Rice
- 1 litre approx good strong beef stock/ broth
- Approx 200g string beans chopped ¾ inch lengths
- 1 ½ cups fresh Pineapple chunks (or canned)
- Sea Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat large wok or casserole pan on the stove.
- Brown off all the mince.
- Drain fat from mince and set aside.
- Heat ghee and fry onions until softened.
- Add the pepper, garlic and chillies and fresh ginger.
- Stir until softened and fragrant.
- Add the dried spices.
- Add more ghee if too dry.
- Lightly fry for another minute or so.
- Throw the mince back in and stir to combine.
- Add the raw rice and stir to coat the grains lightly.
- Pour in some stock/broth to cover the ingredients by about an inch.
- Throw in beans and mix.
- Then cook with lid on, stirring and adding stock as necessary until rice is cooked and the liquid is absorbed (leave the lid off for the last bit if you’re trying to dry it out some).
- A couple of minutes before serving add pineapple to warm through.
This amount did two of us generously for dinner, one for breakfast (with scrambled eggs), and another two portions for dinner.