|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Spelt Pizza Crust/Dinner Rolls|
This basic bread dough makes a good pizza crust, dinner rolls, crescent rolls, or sweet rolls.
How to make it:
- 1-1/4 cups warm water
- 1 packet quick rising yeast (2 teaspoons)
- 2 Tablespoons honey or agave [or BTD compliant substitute]
- 2 Tablespoons molasses [or BTD compliant substitute]
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 cups spelt flour [or BTD compliant substitute]
- Mix honey, molasses, and warm water.
- Add yeast and let dissolve.
- Add flour and sea salt.
- Mix well and knead for about 5 minutes.
- Shape as desired (pizza crust, dinner rolls, sweet rolls, bread sticks).
- Cover with clean cloth and let rise for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Cooking time will vary depending on size and shape of your loaf.
Remove from oven after 20 minutes, quickly add sauce, cheese, toppings and return to oven for additional 10 minutes.