|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: mikendomsmum||Added: Sep 27, 2009 at 08:57 PM|
This rice is a slightly oily side dish that everyone loves. Very good with roast chicken.
How to make it:
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter [or other BTD compliant]
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup basmati rice, raw
- 2 cups chicken broth, home made, with fat [or other BTD compliant broth]
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt, or more to taste
- Melt butter in saucepan and saute onion for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 clove garlic, finely minced.
- Add rice and saute 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook 20 minutes.
- Let sit 5 minutes then serve.
- A little lemon juice also good.