|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Universal Muffin Recipe (all GTD and BTD)|
|Contributed by: Katsy||Added: Sep 21, 2009 at 07:43 PM|
From 'The Tightwad Gazette' books comes a recipe that was made to be adapted to the ingredients you have on hand. Modify it according to your blood or geno-type, and it is good for Hunters, Gatherers, Teachers, Explorers, Nomads, and Warriors.
How to make it:
- 2-2 1/2 cups grain (flour or up to 1 cup cooked grain)
- 1 cup milk (buttermilk, soy milk, yogurt, etc.; could probably also substitute juice)
- Up to ¼ cup fat (ghee, oil, butter)
- 1 egg (or substitute)
- Up to ½ cup sweetener (honey, agave, molasses, etc.)
- 2 teaspoons [baking powder Recipes]
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- Up to 1 1/2 cups additions (nuts, fruit, seasonings, etc.)
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Combine wet ingredients.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined; the batter should be lumpy.
- Grease muffin tin and fill cups two-thirds full.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400º for 20 minutes (give or take 5 minutes).
- Or, bake a double batch in a 9x13” cake pan.
- When done, cut into 15 pieces.
- If you use a cooked grain, separate your eggs and beat the whites stiff before folding it into the batter. Or, blenderize all wet/moist ingredients together (except for those that need to retain their texture), which beats and fluffs up the eggs.
This recipe can be easily altered to make either sweet(like with fruit) or savory (cheesy-herb) muffins, depending on your preference.