|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Rockin' 'O' Roasted Red Pepper Hummus|
|Contributed by: Munchkin76||Added: Sep 17, 2009 at 06:13 AM|
A high bennie version of a classic dip for Type O Secretors! I make this large batch up at the start of the week and take a little tub of it to work most days in a lunchbox with dippers (sliced peppers/baby carrots/sprouted broccoli/string beans etc), some protein (chicken/beef/fish) and a frozen tetra pack of pineapple juice (keeps it all cold). Maybe an oatcake and a Ryvita too. Yum!
How to make it:
- 1 red pepper[or use a BTD compliant substitute]
- 400grms can chick peas [or use a BTD compliant substitute]
- 400grms can black eyed peas [or use a BTD compliant substitute]
- 2 cloves garlic (roughly chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons tahini[or use a BTD compliant substitute]
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (or 1/2 tsp dried)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- Juice of 1 - 2 lemons or limes (2 small or 1 large)
- Olive oil (as required)
- Pre-heat oven to 200C.
- Core pepper and discard top and seeds.
- Lightly spray pepper (inside and out) with olive oil and place on baking sheet in the oven for about 15 - 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and roughly chop.
- While the peppers are in the oven, drain chickpeas and black eyed peas and place in the food processor.
- Add all other ingredients including the chopped roasted pepper.
- Pour in about 1 Tablespoon of olive oil to start and begin to process the hummus on high speed.
- Gradually add olive oil (via the liquid dispenser) whilst processing until right consistency is achieved.
- Eat and enjoy!!