|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Sausage & Egg Muffins|
|Contributed by: Katsy||Added: Aug 27, 2009 at 11:57 AM|
Delicious high-protein breakfast (or snack) you can make ahead of time, and heat up as you need them.
How to make it:
- 1 lb. turkey sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups shredded cheese (BTD compliant)
- 1 cup sour cream (or yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Brown sausage and onion; drain.
- Stir in with rest of ingredients, and mix well.
- Spoon into greased muffin cups, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes, or till knife inserted in center comes out clean. Makes 24!
The original recipe called for cheddar & sour cream. I made this for my Type O husband with mozzarella & yogurt (forgot it was an avoid!), and it turned out great. You might be able to substitute something else (soy yogurt?) to make it Type O compliant, or perhaps even leave it out altogether.