|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: Dawn Franco||Added: Aug 21, 2009 at 03:25 PM|
This is my version of a traditional West Indian sauce/soup usually eaten with macaroni pie and stewed chicken. I eat it with anything: rice, sweet potatoes.
How to make it:
- 16 ounces pkg Chopped Spinach, frozen (or a bag/bunch fresh)
- 8 ounces Chopped Okra, frozen
- 3/4 to 1 cup chopped pumpkin or squash
- 1/2 small jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion
- Approx. 1 to 2 teaspoons each of coriander, thyme,cumin, brown sugar
- 3 to 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- Chicken stock or water
- Put all ingredients in a large enough pot.
- Add enough chicken stock or water to be level with all other ingredients.
- Bring to a boil then lower heat to medium low and cook for 30-35 minutes.
- Turn off and remove from heat.
- Using a blender stick, puree until somewhat smooth.
- Add sea salt to taste (if necessary).
- Eat and enjoy!