|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Tofu in Mustard Miso Cilantro Sauce|
Tofu chunks in a creamy, tasty sauce! This dish is fast and easy to prepare, and it tastes rich and satisfying. I just threw a bunch of stuff in the pan, and it tasted so good, I had to write it down!
How to make it:
- 3 Tablespoons organic stone ground mustard
- 3 Tablespoons organic sweet miso paste
- 2 teaspoons organic olive oil
- 1/2 organic red onion, chopped
- 1/3 to 1/2 a cake of organic firm tofu, cubed
- few spoonfuls of filtered water for mixing mustard and miso paste
- 1/2 cup organic cilantro, finely chopped
- handful of pumpkin seeds, toasted in dry skillet
- Place mustard and miso paste in a small mixing bowl.
- Add a few spoonfuls of water to create a smooth, pourable paste.
- Mix together thoroughly.
- Chop enough cilantro to create about 1/2 cup.
- Use the stems, too.
- Add the cilantro and cubed tofu to the mustard and miso paste.
- Stir well.
- Heat olive oil in skillet.
- Add chopped onion and saute for a few minutes.
- Add cilantro, tofu and mustard/miso paste to skillet.
- Cook for a few minutes, adding water as necessary to create a thick, gravy-like sauce.
- While the tofu cooks, toast the pumpkin seeds in a skillet.
- When the tofu is done, sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and serve.