|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Pasta with Sardines|
|Contributed by: Carolina||Added: May 30, 2009 at 06:31 AM|
Sicilian style pasta
How to make it:
- 3 bunches wild fennel
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 salted anchovies, boned
- 450 grams sardines, cleaned and boned
- 1 Tablespoon raisins
- 1 Tablespoon pine nuts
- saffron threads
- 500 grams bucatini
- Clean the wild fennel and boil in salted water.
- Drain carefully, keeping the cooking water, then chop the fennel coarsely and brown in a small amount of oil.
- Clean and coarsely chop the onions; brown them in plenty of oil in another pan.
- Add the anchovies and the tomato paste, and then stir briskly until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Add the sardines, the browned fennel, raisins, pine nuts, and a few threads of saffron.
- Cook lightly for 5 minutes, adding some of the fennel's cooking water, if necessary.
- Add salt to taste.
- Bring the rest of the fennel's water to a boil and use it to cook the bucatini.
- When al dente, drain and mix in the sauce.
- Serve hot.