|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Pinto Bean Hummus|
This is a wonderful replacement for Hummus made with Chick-Peas (Garbanzo Beans). It can be used as an appetizer, as a dip and, by thinning it, as a sauce over vegetables.
How to make it:
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 small onion
- 3 Tablespoons tahini (sesame seed nutbutter)
- 1 large can pinto beans, drained and save juice
- dash of Tabasco [check for Avoids]
- olive oil
- parsley, for garnish
- Into a food processor put the lemon juice, garlic, onion, tahini, and tabasco if used.
- Process for a few minutes add the drained beans gradually while the processor is running and thin with the juice until desired consistency is reached.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Garnish with a few sprigs of parsley.