|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Super Beneficial Seafood Soup|
|Contributed by: NassMum||Added: May 26, 2009 at 06:43 AM|
I use this recipe to replace the good old Chicken Soup, for when my family are battling the winter sniffles. I can buy Atlantic Salmon chunks of carcasses or bones from my fishmonger but if yours doesn't have any, you could use a small whole fish.
|Best Used By Blood Types:|
- Type A Non Secretor (6 beneficials)
- Type B (9 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (8 beneficials)
- Type O (8 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (7 beneficials)
How to make it:
- 1kg Salmon bones (or carcasses)
- 1 large Cod fillet
- 2 large onions
- 6 large carrots
- 2 bunches fresh Parsley
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 2 Red Capsicum
- 1 small Broccoli
- 2 Chopped Parsnip
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Sea Salt to taste
- First, add olive oil, one chunky cut onion, 3 chunky cut carrots, one bunch chopped parsley, and fish bones to a large saucepan.
- Cover with water, and add salt to taste.
- Let simmer for a good two hours.
- Next, strain off all ingredients, leaving just the nutritious broth.
- Return to the stove, and add 3 chopped carrots, 1 chopped onion, 1 chopped sweet potato, 2 chopped red capsicum, 1 small chopped broccoli, 2 chopped parsnip, 1 bunch fresh chopped parsley.
- Simmer again for about 20-30 min before finally adding the bite-sized pieces of Cod fillets, simmer for 15 min.
- Ladle over brown rice, to add an extra bit of texture! Enjoy!
BTD Core Ingredients Analysis:
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Salmon||1|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| N|| N|| N|
|Onion (Red/Spanish/Yellow/Whit...||1 ,2|| B|| B|| N|| N|| N|| B|| B|| B|
|Parsnip||2 ,3 ,4|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| N|
|Cod||1 ,3|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|
|Potato (Sweet)||2 ,3|| A|| N|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| N|
|Rice (White/Brown/Basmati)/ Br...||2 ,3|| N|| N|| B|| B|| N|| N|| N|| N|
|Carrot||1 ,2|| B|| N|| N|| N|| B|| B|| N|| B|
|Pepper (Sweet/Red/All Varietie...||1 ,2|| A|| N|| A|| A|| B|| N|| B|| B|
|Olive Oil||1 ,2|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|
|Broccoli||1 ,2|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|
|Parsley||1|| B|| N|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in glucosinolates.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
If an ingredient is an avoid for your blood type, then try using a BTD compliant variant/substitute or leaving the item out of the recipe.
When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has been recently greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a couple of years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended. Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of the all the new features and food lists. Please be patient with us until the process has been completed.
- Revised May 26, 2009 at 10:25 AM By: Lola