|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Super Beneficial Seafood Soup|
|Contributed by: NassMum||Added: May 26, 2009 at 06:43 AM|
I use this recipe to replace the good old Chicken Soup, for when my family are battling the winter sniffles. I can buy Atlantic Salmon chunks of carcasses or bones from my fishmonger but if yours doesn't have any, you could use a small whole fish.
How to make it:
- 1kg Salmon bones (or carcasses)
- 1 large Cod fillet
- 2 large onions
- 6 large carrots
- 2 bunches fresh Parsley
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 2 Red Capsicum
- 1 small Broccoli
- 2 Chopped Parsnip
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Sea Salt to taste
- First, add olive oil, one chunky cut onion, 3 chunky cut carrots, one bunch chopped parsley, and fish bones to a large saucepan.
- Cover with water, and add salt to taste.
- Let simmer for a good two hours.
- Next, strain off all ingredients, leaving just the nutritious broth.
- Return to the stove, and add 3 chopped carrots, 1 chopped onion, 1 chopped sweet potato, 2 chopped red capsicum, 1 small chopped broccoli, 2 chopped parsnip, 1 bunch fresh chopped parsley.
- Simmer again for about 20-30 min before finally adding the bite-sized pieces of Cod fillets, simmer for 15 min.
- Ladle over brown rice, to add an extra bit of texture! Enjoy!