|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Easy Chicken Curry|
|Contributed by: Leslie Dowler||Added: May 22, 2009 at 04:42 PM|
A curry that is fast and tasty without coconut milk or dairy. Wonderful texture!
How to make it:
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed [variation: turkey]
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup snap peas or string beans
- 1 cup bell peppers
- [Note: up to 3 cups total of other compliant vegetables may be substituted for the onions, snap peas and bell peppers. Some possible variations listed below.]
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup 'butter' [or compliant substitute, e.g. ghee or olive oil]
- 1/4 cup hummus [variations: nut butter or other compliant spread]
- 2 to 4 Tablespoons yellow curry paste, to taste
- Rice noodles [variations: brown rice, quinoa]
- Combine curry, hummus, butter, and water in wok or large frying pan and bring to a simmer.
- Sautee veggies until tender but still crisp.
- Reduce heat, add in chicken, and simmer gently for 2-5 minutes, until veggies are cooked to your liking. Stir in baby spinach.
- Serve over wide rice noodles, brown rice, or quinoa.