|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Teacher/Explorer Carob Chocolate Cake|
|Contributed by: Melissa_J||Added: May 21, 2009 at 05:53 PM|
Gluten free, milk free and egg free. Appropriate for Teachers and explorers, maybe others.
How to make it:
- 1/2 Cup Brown Rice Flour
- 1/2 Cup teff flour
- 1/2 Cup Sweet Rice Flour (AKA sticky rice, glutinous rice or mochiko, available at asian markets and health food stores)
- 2 Tablespoons ground chia seeds (or flax seeds)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons [baking powder Recipes]
- 1/4 Cup carob powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1/2 Cup + 2 Tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/4 cup melted ghee (or coconut oil)
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger (this isn't enough to give it a ginger flavor, but rounds out the other flavors a bit)
- Heat oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Oil a cake pan or cupcake pan.
- Combine dry ingredients (blend teff and carob together in a powerful blender if either of them is not already ground), mix well.
- Combine wet ingredients, blend in a blender to work in some air and improve rising and texture.
- Combine wit ingredients with dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Bake until the center springs back to the touch and the cake has set in the middle.
Roughly 5 minutes for a cake and 20 minutes for 9 cupcakes.