|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Chocolate (or Carob) Cake|
|Contributed by: Ribbit||Added: May 11, 2009 at 07:38 PM|
A moist, delicious cake.Note: You may use rice, soy or almond milk in place of the kefir, to make it dairy-free, but you will have to use less because the milk is not as thick. You will also have to use baking powder instead of baking soda, to give the soda something to react to.
How to make it:
- 1 stick butter, melted, or 1/2 cup ghee
- 1 1/3 cup agave or honey (you may use less if you want a less-sweet cake)
- 1 cup golden flax meal (the regular brown works too, but not as well) mixed gradually with 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 1/4 cup rice flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder or carob powder
- 1/2 cup kefir or yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- Spray bunt pan or round cake pan with oil.
- Set aside.
- Combine flax meal and hot water first.
- Set aside to cool a little.
- Mix melted butter or ghee with agave.
- Mix with flaxmeal/water.
- Add vanilla and kefir.
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Stir altogether quickly.
- Bake at 350 till it's done.
Depends on what size/depth pan you use, 20-30 min.