|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Pinto bean tostadas|
|Contributed by: Carol A.||Added: May 09, 2009 at 09:53 AM|
Pinto beans on tostadas with goat cheese, cucumber and lettuce. Great breakfast and easy to have ready in a few minutes
How to make it:
- 2 cup organic pinto beans
- organic onions
- organic garlic
- sea salt
- organic, cold-pressed olive oil
- organic sprouted corn tortillas
- goat cheese
- organic romaine lettuce
- organic cucumber
- organic avocado
- hot sauce
- Pressure cook the pinto beans.
- In a cast iron pan, put olive oil.
- Add onions and garlic.
- Saute until onions are translucent.
- Add cumin, cayenne, dash of salt and beans.
- Saute until flavors fuse.
- In a separate pan, use olive oil to fry the tostadas.
- Let drain on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Place a helping spoonful of pinto beans (which can be mashed if you like) on top of the tostada.
- Add a bit of goat cheese, a dash of hot sauce, cucumber, avocado and romaine lettuce.
- Delicious and filling breakfast. Yum!