|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: Joyce Bettridge||Added: Mar 27, 2009 at 02:15 AM|
B's and O's will want to substitute for a more tolerable bean and mushroom. Mushrooms are the key to keeping this veggie burger together.
How to make it:
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats (or any oats)
- 8 ounces button mushroom (common white)
- 1 can pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2 stalks celery sliced thinly
- 1 cup (I used frozen) broccoli
- Garlic (I used chopped from a jar)
- Saute the carrots, celery and garlic until just soft.
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor until you get a consistency of meatloaf.
- Form into patties.
- Separate with parchment paper and freeze in ziplock until needed.
- My recipe made 9 patties.
- I fried it on the stove in olive oil, but you can also bake them on a broiler pan at 350 for about a half hour.
- If frying, you will want to turn the heat fairly low and cook for quite a while - 30 minutes or so.