|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Spring Lemon Quinoa Bean Dish|
|Contributed by: Syren4444||Added: Mar 24, 2009 at 03:50 PM|
A fresh, zesty salad/dish that is very light and refreshing!
How to make it:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 can beans of choice (garbanzo, black eyed peas)[or use a BTD compliant substitute])
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped (or use 2T dried)
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup tahini [or use a BTD compliant substitute]
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoons olive oil (flavored is nice here)
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- Cook the quinoa with the 2 cups water approx 15 minutes until absorbed.
- Chop onion and cilantro and set aside.
- In a food processor, magic bullet, or with a whisk, blend the rest of the ingredients together.
- Mix the cooked quinoa with the onion, cilantro, and dressing.
Delicious on its own or served over lettuce. Try making some extra dressing!