|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Black-Bean and Tomato Quinoa|
|Contributed by: samy, thanks to epicurious.com||Added: Feb 22, 2009 at 03:42 PM|
This recipe is easily modified for several blood types, leaving out the tomatoes is fine, changing the bean variety is fine too.
How to make it:
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted ghee, melted and cooled
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 (14- to 15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Whisk together lime zest and juice, ghee, oil, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl.
- Wash quinoa in 3 changes of cold water in a bowl, draining in a sieve each time.
- Cook quinoa in a medium pot of boiling salted water (1 Tablespoon sea salt for 2 quarts water), uncovered, until almost tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain in sieve, then set sieve in same pot with 1 inch of simmering water (water should not touch bottom of sieve).
- Cover quinoa with a folded kitchen towel, then cover sieve with a lid (don't worry if lid doesn't fit tightly) and steam over medium heat until tender, fluffy, and dry, about 10 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and remove lid.
- Let stand, still covered with towel, 5 minutes.
- Add quinoa to dressing and toss until dressing is absorbed, then stir in remaining ingredients and salt and pepper to taste.