|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Blender Lentil Veggie Soup|
|Contributed by: Syren4444||Added: Feb 19, 2009 at 11:11 AM|
Easy recipe that makes good use of frozen veggies for a fast, hearty soup.
How to make it:
- 1.5 cups Lentils (cooked)
- 4 cups frozen veggies of your choice (I use brocoli, mustard greens, carrots, onions, and peas)
- 1teaspoon cumin
- 1teaspoon cinnamon
- 1teaspoon curry powder
- 2+ cups water
- lemon juice to taste
- sea salt to taste
- Defrost your frozen veggies and cook your lentils(Trader Joes sells precooked black beluga lentils in a microwaveable plastic pack. Only 90 seconds in the micro.)
- Transfer everything to a heavy duty blender and blend until silky smooth, adding water to thin to your desired thickness.
- Option - Leave very thick and serve as a puree under a baked poultry or fish for a fancy presentation.