|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Grilled Chicken with Basil Dressing|
|Contributed by: Whitedov1208||Added: Feb 14, 2009 at 04:55 PM|
The basil dressing makes this taste like you're fine dining at a posh restaurant! Easy recipe and serves 6.
How to make it:
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (light can be used)
- 3 Tablespoons plus 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon, grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fennel seeds, coarsely crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 6 boneless/skinless chicken breasts or turkey cutlets
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 large clove garlic
- Whisk 1/3 cup of olive oil, lemon juice, fennel seeds, 3/4 teaspoon sea salt in a heavy-duty re-sealable plastic bag.
- Add the chicken (or turkey) and seal the bag to marinade.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes up to 1 day, turning the meat occasionally.
- Prepare the grill or oven (375 degrees) and bake meat until throughly cooked.
- Transfer the meat to platter and drizzle the basil dressing over and serve.
- Add brown balsmati rice and string beans for a complete meal!
BASIL DRESSING: Meanwhile, blend the basil, garlic, lemon zest and remaining 1/4 cup lemon juice, 3/4 teas. salt in a blender (or whisk) until smooth. Gradulally blend in the remaining 1/3 cup olive oil. Add more salt to taste, if desired.