|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Millet 'Corn' Bread|
|Contributed by: Deborah||From the Recipe Archives|
Type B, miss your cornbread as much as I do? Here's a great alternative that has fooled some of my friends.
How to make it:
- 2 cups millet flour (best if fresh ground in a coffee grinder, leave some whole grains for a crunchier bread)
- 1 cup white or spelt flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder [baking powder recipes]
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne, to taste
- 14 ounces green chilies
- 11 ounces pimentos
- 1/4 cup ghee or melted butter
- 1 cup buttermilk or yogurt
- 1 minced onion
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- In a large bowl combine: millet flour, white or spelt flour, baking powder, salt, chili powder, and cayenne. In a small bowl combine: green chilies, pimentos, ghee or butter, buttermilk or yogurt, onion, cheese and egg.
- Mix well and add to dry ingredients.
- Pour into a lightly heated iron skillet, oiled with ghee. Bake for 30-45 min. Longer if you like a drier bread. Enjoy