|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: Ribbit||Added: Feb 13, 2009 at 07:13 PM|
How to make it:
- 1 spaghetti squash
- olive oil or ghee
- shallots, leeks or onions
- fresh garlic
- basil, cilantro, whatever
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, if allowed
- With the hugest knife you can find, cut squash lengthwise in half (this is difficult and dangerous).
- Gently scrape out seeds (and only the pulp immediately around the seeds) and place cut-side down in 9X13 pan with some water in the bottom.
- Bake at 350 until you can stab it with a fork and the fork goes through fairly easily.
- While it's cooking, pour generous amount of olive oil or ghee into an iron skillet.
- Saute plenty of fresh garlic and shallots (or leeks or onions) and add a little basil or cilantro, if desired.
- Saute until tender.
- Remove squash from oven and allow to cool enough to handle easily.
- Flip over and scrape out 'spaghetti' with a fork.
- Stir in onions and salt to taste.