|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Apple Broccoli Slaw|
|Contributed by: Kate||Added: Feb 12, 2009 at 04:06 PM|
Found this on Recipezaar and it is fantastic!
How to make it:
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar or date sugar
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar [or lemon juice]
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2-1/4 cups chopped pink lady apples or other sweet apples
- 12 ounces package broccoli coleslaw mix or 12 ounces chopped broccoli
- 3 ounces dried tart cherries or dried cranberries [check for avoids]
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted slivered almonds or sunflower seeds
- Mix vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl.
- Mix slaw ingredients in a large bowl.
- Top slaw with vinaigrette and toss to coat.
- Chill for at least 3 hours.