|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Indian Style Meatballs w/gravy|
|Contributed by: Whitedov1208||Added: Feb 11, 2009 at 08:17 PM|
If you like Indian food or want to try it, this is an easy to do recipe. Use your choice of ground meat appropriate for your Blood Type and go from there!
How to make it:
- 2 pounds ground beef or chicken, turkey or lamb
- 1/2 medium onion 'finely' minced
- 1/2 large onion 'chopped'
- 5 cloves of garlic finely minced- divided
- 1 teaspoon cumin (or you can roast the seeds and ground them)
- 4 Tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro - divided
- 1 small/med egg
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup flour (spelt, rice flour or any compliant-non secretors omit flour and egg)
- 6 Tablespoons extra light Olive Oil (less if using a non-stick pan)
- 1 1/2 cups beef, vegetable, chicken or turkey stock depending on your choice of meat.
- 1/4 cup walnuts (or nuts of your blood type)
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron or turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mint leaves
- In a mixing bowl, stir together meat, finely minced onion, garlic, cilantro, cumin, egg, salt, thyme and mix well.
- Put flour on a flat plat.
- Form meatballs into 1' balls and dust in flour.
- Place on plate and refrigerate 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, finely ground the walnuts with mint and remaining cilantro.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in frying pan and brown meatballs until golden brown on all sides (about 7 minutes).
- Remove onto a plate.
- Fry remaining 'chopped' onion until golden brown, add stock and bring to a boil.
- Return meatballs to pan and lower heat to simmer.
- Cover and cook 30 minutes.
- Add chopped walnuts (or your nuts) saffron or turmeric, remaining garlic, mint and cilantro to meatball and stock.
- Serve immediately or save for the next day.
I made this entree with a side of brown rice noodles seasoned with ghee and Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb seasoning.
- Add a vegetable of your choice.