|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Zuppa Ribolata (Lentil Soup with Vegetables)|
|Contributed by: Entered by Brigite, created by Curtis Stone||Added: Feb 07, 2009 at 12:41 AM|
This soup is ideal for vegans as well. So flavorsome, any meat lover would still love this meal!
How to make it:
For the Puree:
- 1/2 cup green lentils
- generous 1-1/4 cup vegetable stock (made with vegetables compliant for your Blood Type)
- 2/3 cups vegetable stock to puree the lentils.
For the Soup:
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1-1/2 celery stalks, diced
- 3 shallots, peeled and diced
- 1 leek, white part only, diced (type O non can substitute with green onion, or simply omit this ingredient.
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup lentils
- 5 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- - 1 fresh thyme sprig
- - Kale, 8 leaves thinly sliced
- - croutons to garnish, homemade with compliant bread for your blood type.
- Place the lentils and the generous 1-1/4 cups stock in a large saucepan and cook over a low heat until all the liquid has evaporated and the lentils are tender (about 25 minutes).
- Remove from heat.
- Transfer the lentils to a blender and process, adding enough extra stock as needed, until smooth.
- Set the puree aside until required.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan.
- Add the carrots, celery, shallots, leek, and garlic and sweat for 5 minutes over a low heat.
- Add the lentils, bay leaf, and thyme and the measured water, and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for about 25 minutes or until lentils are soft. Skim any impurities from the surface of the soup, and add the kale.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes, or until the kale is cooked.
- Mix in the puree.
- Place in serving bowls.
- Add croutons, and serve.
- This serves 4-6 as a starter.