|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Whitedov's Border-Style Chilli|
|Contributed by: Whitedov1208||Added: Jan 28, 2009 at 07:37 PM|
This is a good chili recipe that I start out using a deep non-stick frying pan and then throw into the Crock Pot to simmer all day. Goes great with my recipe for White Spelt Mexican Bolero Dinner rolls (see baked goods section for recipe) and a salad!
How to make it:
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 14 ounce can Northern Beans
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cloves minced
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup of fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional for heat)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander (optional)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Heat olive oil in a deep non-stick frying pan over medium high heat and crumble ground beef into skillet, cooking until beef is no longer red.
- Add chili powder, red pepper flakes (if using), chopped cilantro, garlic, sea salt, cumin, cloves, oregano and ground coriander (if using) to cooked ground beef and stir.
- Add canned crushed canned tomatoes, beef broth, lime juice and beans; mix well and heat to boiling.
- At this point, you can cover the lid and simmer for 1 1/4 hrs; then, uncover and simmer on medium low heat 10 -15 mins until slightly thickened OR place the contents of the pan into your Crock Pot and forget about it. Enjoy