|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Bread Maker White Spelt Mexican Bolillos (Dinner Rolls)|
|Contributed by: Whitedov1208||Added: Jan 28, 2009 at 06:46 PM|
Surprisingly easy and delicious. Hard and crusty outside and soft inside. Goes great with Chili Con Carne or with any meal. (see my Chili Recipe posted).
How to make it:
- 2 teaspoons yeast (I use jar Red Star brand yeast)
- 1 1/3 cups warm water
- 1 Tablespoon Agave or Honey (if BTD compliant)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 4 cups White Spelt Flour
For brushing the bread prior to baking:
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon Arrowroot powder
- Put all the ingredients in your bread machine in the order listed per your bread machine instructions.
- Use 'White Bread' and 'Dough' setting on machine.
- The dough will be very wet - don't panic!
- Take the dough out and knead it into a log shape using enough flour so it's not too sticky.
- Cut dough into 10 pieces; roll each one into an oval shape.
- Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Mix cold water and Arrowroot in a small saucepan. Heat over high heat, stirring constantly to boiling until thickened, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Brush rolls with warm Arrowroot mixture.
- Slash each roll lengthwise with sharp thin knife to 1/2' from each end and cutting abuot 1/2' deep.
- Bake for 30-35 min. until rolls are golden brown and sound hollow when tapped.