|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: ME Hall||Added: Jan 03, 2009 at 10:30 PM|
Excellent recipe. May have to adapt a bit due to the use of vinegar. But definitely a favorite every time I make it.
How to make it:
- 1 1/4 cup brown lentils, rinsed[or other BTD compliant substitute]
- 4 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar [or other BTD compliant substitute]
- 3 Tablespoons oil olive
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, if desired, and diced (2 cups)[or other BTD compliant substitute]
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- Sea Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan, cover lentils with water by one inch, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, until lentils are tender but still hold their shape.
- Approximately, 15-20 minutes.
- Drain well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar and oil.
- Add lentils, cucumber, parsley, onion and eggs, season with salt and pepper.
- Toss well to coat with dressing.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.