|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Oatmeal, Fruit, Chocolate Chewy Cookies|
|Contributed by: Syren4444||Added: Dec 22, 2008 at 11:34 PM|
I whipped these up as a healthy holiday cookie and they are too good to pass up! Moist, chewy, hearty, and full of goodness!
How to make it:
- 1 1/2 cups flour (choose blood type appropriate blend (I favor brown rice flour, amaranth, and quinoa mixed)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 cup Agave
- 3 egg whites (can skip)
- 1 cup ghee or butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups Oats
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, carob chips, etc
- 1/2 cup dried fruit of choice (I like cranberry or cherry)
- Oven to 350
- Line baking trays with non stick and spray with cooking spray
- Mix dry ingredients
- Mix wet ingredients (soften butter to room temperature first)
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, then stir in oats, chips, and fruit
- Bake 10-12 minutes until edges brown
- Cool and enjoy!
Want to get really gourmet? Dip half in melted dark chocolate and cool in fridge or freezer to harden.