|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Indian-Spiced Roasted Chickpeas|
|Contributed by: funkymuse||Added: Dec 19, 2008 at 02:02 PM|
Found this recipe in Fitness Magazine and it's GREAT!
How to make it:
- 2 cups Canned Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar or other compliant sweetner
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Compliant Pepper and Cayenne Pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss well.
- Spread on a foil lined baking sheet and roast for 20 - 25 minutes, tossing halfway through until chickpeas are dark brown in spots.
- Let cool.
Can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Also fantastic on a tossed salad.