|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Pumpkin/Butternut Squash Muffins|
|Contributed by: Syren4444||Added: Dec 16, 2008 at 12:27 AM|
Extremely moist healthy muffins! Easy to adjust recipe to suit your blood type!
How to make it:
- 1 3/4 cup Quinoa Flour (or our type flour)
- 1/4 cup Flax meal
- 1.5 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree or unsweetened canned (or use all squash)
- 1/2 cup squash mash (butternut, seasonal, or use all pumpkin)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 egg whites beaten
optional 1/4 cup agave or honey, 1/2 cup nuts, dried fruit, add water as needed
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a muffin sheet and spray with non stick lightly.
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- Mix the wet then add to the dry.
- If not moist enough add some water until thick cream consistency.
- Divide into muffin cups should make 12 small muffins or 6 big ones.
- Sprinkle extra cinnamon on tops (optional)
- Bake about 10-15 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Amazing with ghee and a drizzle of honey!