|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Banana Date Flaxseed Bread|
|Contributed by: funkymuse||Added: Dec 14, 2008 at 07:32 PM|
Absolutely delectable on it's own or smothered in Ghee!
How to make it:
- 1/2 Cup Ground Flax Seed
- 3 Bananas, Mashed
- 1/4 Cup Extra Light Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Xylitol (or other compliant sweetener)
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Brown Rice Flour
- 3/4 Cup Millet Flour, (or Flours that are compliant for your type)
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda, (or no Baking Soda and 1 full teaspoon Baking Powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea Salt
- 1/4 Cup Whole Flax Seed or 1/4 Cup Chopped Nuts
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Pitted Dates
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease an 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together banana, oil, sweetener and eggs.
- In a separate bowl mix together flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground flax seed and whole flax seed.
- Gradually stir flour mixture into the banana mixture.
- Fold in dates.
- Spoon batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the loaf comes out clean.