|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
This is basically a crust less pie. The recipe is based on the Libby's 'famous pumpkin pie' recipe they print on the label. It's good in a compliant crust too if you wish. If pumpkin is an avoid for you, try cooked mashed winter squash or sweet potato in its place.
How to make it:
- 1/2-3/4 cup agave nectar or to taste
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon or allspice
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 large eggs
- 1-29 ounce can pumpkin
- 1-1 1/2 cups nut or rice milk
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Mix salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in a small bowl. Beat eggs in a large bowl.
- Stir in the pumpkin, agave nectar and spice mixture. SLOWLY stir in the milk until the filling is a thick, slightly liquid batter. You may not need all the milk, or you may need a bit more--take it slow, if you add too much milk your filling will be too runny.
- Pour the filling into a buttered souffle or deep casserole dish.
- Bake at 425F for 15 minutes.
- Lower the temperature to 350F; bake for 40-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool to room temperature, then serve.